Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pictures in the MTC


Roommates in the MTC. (L-R) Hermana Garner, Hermana Adams, Me, and Hermana Whicker, my companion. This was my first day in the MTC and we are all going to the same mission.



                                       
                                            My district attending the temple in Provo, Utah.




Me and Sister Moon-- I ran the dirty dash with her before we entered the MTC. She is going to be serving in Washington, Spanish Speaking.







                                                        Missionaries serving the Lord.




Elder Nelson from Heber (the one standing to my left) and his companion is an Elder I met while I was in New Zealand last year.



July 17, 2012

I was sitting in sacrament meeting and lots of changes were being made. Everyone in my district now has a calling, except me. So I knew right when they called the last few in my district that I would be speaking that day in sacrament meeting.... I just knew it... and I was! This was my first talk in Spanish and it was great! 

I leave in three weeks and I am very excited! My companion is a bit nervous to get out there to California, but I can't help to just feel SOOOO excited! I'm ready to just do this!


July 24, 2012

I'm going to miss the TRC. I want to come and be an investigator when I get back, it is such a neat experience! Life is great! The MTC is the best place ever. It is not a jail like some people say, it's one of the closest places to Heaven in my eyes. 

On Sunday, I got called as Coordinating sister which they say is the closest thing to Relief Society President. It will be my responsibility to make sure the new sisters feel welcome and get them settled, it should be great! I also get to go to a lot more meetings now and I am glad. I love leadership opportunities, it forces me to be a better person.


July 31, 2012

My companion and I got chosen to demonstrate how to begin teaching in front of the new missionaries that come in on Wednesday. It's kind of a big deal actually! I remember going to it the day I got here. There are about 50 missionaries and the "Pro" missionaries (I felt they were Pro at the time) would come in and demonstrate with an investigator. I never thought that I would be that missionary who would now be demonstrating. It's quite an honor! There are 16 missionaries chosen, and me and my companion were two of those who were chosen.

Well I'm calling home in ONE WEEK!! We are leaving the MTC at 5 a.m. August 7th to head to the airport to fly out to California. I am very excited to hear your happy voices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment