Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Off to Carlsbad California!!!!


My new address:
Hermana Stacey Lythgoe
451 West Bobier Drive
Vista, CA 92083



August 14, 2012-- Tuesday


Oh gosh... where to even begin!! Maybe the fact that I forgot you guys were even alive until today! I have been so focused on the work that it has been crazy! It's a good thing. Leaving the MTC was the best day ever. I was worried that I was wasn't worried. I loved it so much (the MTC) and learned so much from it. The mission President introduced us new missionaries and he told everyone that I am fire and chainsaw certified! (Important Info.... )What in the world?! It was so embarrassing, see if I put that on papers again.

My companion reminds me of Sarah Haderlie, Laurie Lythgoe, and Janessa Roney (surprisingly). No one can compare to Janessa. We teach so many lessons a day, it is crazy! Contacting is my favorite part people are soooo good! I am shocked at how people just open up and share their deepest desires and feelings when you are a representative of the Lord, people need help.

So, a funny story that I will share with you:
We see this little old lady across the way, and I suggest to go over and talk to her, so we do. We passed her crossing the street and I said, "Hola, can we help you out?" Because she was carrying some bags. She yells, "Go to Heck...." But she really said the word! We looked at each other, kind of taken back, but then I just lost it and started cracking up, secretly of course. It was funny.

I have been called to teach the humble. It is amazing and it feels so right. The people here, oh my gosh, are so humble! We are not in the ritzy area of this mission. They are such poor people and just need to be loved first. I keep thinking to myself  "Of course I was suppose to come here to California so I could meet you," or "Of course I was suppose to come to this area."


August 21, 2012-- Tuesday


Preparation days are hard! It is a funny thing. They are probably the hardest days because we are not constantly teaching, so it is tough. This week we got in a car crash, no one was hurt. The lady we hit, she told us that everything happens for a reason and asked us for a quick prayer, she was a preacher of some religion. But when her husband came, he was beyond mad!

We set two baptismal dates this week, so exciting!! And, they came to church this Sunday.  I tried to bear my testimony during the lesson, I started in and was getting a little chocked up so I had to stop for a bit. Everyone thought that I was struggling with the language, so they moved on (dang it). Yesterday we had a Zone conference. It was so fun getting together with the other 20 missionaries and talk about how we can improve. It was all about Faith and how we can strengthen our Faith. President Cook is awesome! I can compare my life as a missionary to that of running a half marathon. I am learning how to mentally keep moving, it is so hard! But so good at the same time. Some days I feel like crying. I seriously feel like I did when I hit mile 11 in my races... exhausted... can't keep going... but somehow get through it and I am able to finish the day.

My companion and I sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives" at the Zone conference. Kind of nerve wracking, but definitely brought the spirit, I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment