Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Loving Mission Life

Oh my goodness what an AMAZING week! My companion and I taught our new investigator. We have two new ones now. Cesar and Eduardo. We taught Ceasar first and what an amazing experience that was. We were both so nervous, probably because Ceasar is really our teacher and is such an amazing teacher, so it was pretty intimidating going in to teach him but I can honestly say that it was by far our best lesson. The spirit was SO STRONG! It started off a little rough but then after finding out more about him we both were able to adjust our lesson we had planned to meet his needs, although it was such a simple lesson, it was still so powerful. It's amazing that Heavenly Father can place the words in your mouth the very minute you need them. I definitely can testify of this now. The next day we had a lesson that didn't go very well, it's funny the high and lows that we have. The reason being that I could not understand a word that Eduardo (our other investigator) was saying. He was talking so fast! The spirit was not there at all, it was a hard lesson actually. One thing that I have definitely gained is a testimony of the power of the atonement! I know that Christ suffered for EVERYONE and that we can be completely forgiven of guilt and shame!

We also went to the TRC this week... that's where you just go in and teach a member who has come in and volunteered. Everyone talks about how it is so scary and I can see why, but I thought that my companion and I did a great job! We taught twice, back to back. The first one was an older man. LOVED him. It was so easy to just talk with him and feel Gods love for him. The spirit was so strong with this older man. Then we got to teach another woman, not the same effect for me. Although we did a great job, I just didn't feel as connected to her as the first one because I wasn't able to understand her, but it was still good and a great experience. We get to go into the TRC every Thursday.

We have had the best devotionals this week! It's missionary president training this week so a lot of the apostles are in and out, I haven't seen any yet but I think there will be one speaking to us tonight!

Love you all and thanks for all the letters!!
Hermana Lythgoe

No comments:

Post a Comment